Rogersville City School was established as the Odd Fellows Female College in 1849. It became the Synodical College in 1892 and was purchased by the Town of Rogersville in 1919. In 1923 the old building was torn down and a new larger building erected. It became the Elementary and High School until fire destroyed it in 1928. It was again rebuilt in 1929 and is still operating today with new additions being added in 1955,1970, and 2000. The front lawn was graced by English boxwoods that originally came from slips brought from England by the wife of John Young of Carter’s Valley.
The mission of the Rogersville City School is to provide a secure, caring, and positive environment in which all students have the opportunity to be prepared to participate as productive citizens and lifelong learners in local and global communities.
The Rogersville City School program will be student centered; its faculty and staff will utilize a wide variety and materials and instructional approaches, striving to challenge each student with critical and creative thinking, while continuing to strengthen its relationships with the home and community.
to visit the official website for Rogersville City School